Thursday, September 6, 2012
A1 How I spent my summer
This summer will be remembered as one of the hottest, driest summers ever recorded. For me, this summer was a roller coaster ride, because it defiantly had its high points and low points. I ended spring and started summer playing travel basketball for Queen City Hoops. Basketball is one of the best sports around in my opinion, and although I won't be going pro any time soon, I still make sure that I played quite often during the summer. After basketball ended in June, I decided to get a job, so i could spend the summer making money instead of sitting around and playing PlayStation. I decided to get into the food business, and I did so my applying at McDonalds. To be honest, the interview made me extremely nervous, and to my surprise, I actually got the job! From when I got the job in the beginning of summer up until now, I have grossed sixteen hundred dollars. Another large portion of my summer was spent preparing for the upcoming Alden Bulldogs football season. Now that I am a sophomore, a lot more will be expect from me as a member of the JV team. Like always, I spent this with my good friends. I was able to spend some time with my long lost best friend Jimmy Chadwick. Jimmy moved to Amherst last year to play lacrosse. I was Able to spend a few weekends with him this summer, which is always fun. Unlike my usual summers, I did not travel to any foreign places, except once to Toronto, Canada to watch a Blue Jays- Yankees game with my good friend Austin Hopcia. It was upsetting when the Jays were unable to come out on top, but I got over it quickly, since baseball isn't really my favorite sport. In conclusion, I enter the fall season without many regrets of this summer, but with good intentions for the upcoming school year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
*by* applying at McDonalds.
ReplyDelete